Monday, December 3, 2012

The Demi-Monde

I need to say a big thank you to Quercus Books today, for brightening up my dreary Monday with copies of Rod Rees's The Demi-Monde Winter, and Spring. They look positively good enough to eat:



















This is the blurb quotation that has me the most excited;

"The Demi-Monde: Discworld's savage noir cousin. Welcome to holo-hell" - Stephen Baxter

Yes please!

If, like me, you're new to this series, there's a great website over at http://www.thedemi-monde.com/. I'm really excited about these two, I love genre mash-ups and I'm looking forward to seeing how Rees blends everything together. It sounds like such an ambitious project, I love it when authors are brave enough to do mad things! I shall report back forthwith, have almost finished my current read and am bumping these up to next in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment